TENZIN CHOEDON
ESSAY#3, DRAFT#1
FEBUARY 3, 2009
MY MOST MEMORABLE EVENTS
The world is very funny and amazing place live in. It is full of surprises and events. Everyday is a new start with new experiences. Everyday something different happens in our life. It can be sweet or sour. We human being go through some bad days and some good days. It is all up to us how we acknowledge it, how we name it or give it any importance or not. We can create events or happens in our life every passing minute but the thing is that do we remember each and every minute of our life. No, we won`t be able to keep every detail in our brain but we can keep the important ones. The one which remind us of our past the most which we consider as most memorial events. Most important events of my life are: when I left my country, my first few days in America, and when I had my surgery.
The most shocking day of my life was that when I learned that I got visa for America. We (I,my sister and my mom) lost our hope on it because we waited like for three or four years but nothing came out. So, I was having a normal life with my friends, my boyfriend, and relatives without expecting anything. One day my mom called me and said we got it. I was in boarding school at that time giving my high school final examination. I was happy and excited but at the same time I was sad about leaving all my friends , relative and specially my boyfriend behind. I didn`t know how to break that news to them and when I did it was most heart breaking or say emotional day of my life. Each and everyone of us was crying and hugging. Before I leave school they threw a small party for me and gave me a lot of things to remember them. It was such a nice day to see that I have all these good friend all my years unfortunately have to leave them behind simultaneously. I left my school and went home. The day to fly came I called my boyfriend and my friends to say final goodbye in a hope of having a bright future ahead.Like that I landed up in dreamland of ambition America.
My first step in America is not at all exciting. I was scared as I can’t speak that much of English, new people, new environment and new style. I was so nervous. I was rolling down my baggage and having hard time driving it. I didn’t do anything but a guy looked at me and said “ don’t you know how to drive”. I was so timid at that time and afraid of answering him back. I have to hold my tongue to answer him back feeling that I won`t be any use. I felt utterly desperate to return back seeing such thing. Its like first day and I am being welcome like this. I forgot all the excitement about being in America and started missing my country, friends and everything. I felt that my life is going to be in hell here but I was wrong. Instead I start to like it though I miss my country. I like it in different way. It offer so much help and has so many opportunity to make one life worthwell.
After a month, I had to go to hospital for check up. I learned that I have stone in my gall bladder and have to remove that. I got panic because at that time I didn’t have any job and can`t pay for surgery. But luckily I got help from health welfare from here. I went back to the hospital to make sure i am having that problem. They doctor said I have to take out my gall bladder otherwise the stone going to come back again and again. I cried a lot but agreed to do so. I got my surgery appointment and the day came. That was most frightening part. The doctors in the surgery room was comforting but I was crying seeing all those surgical thing infront of me. The lady doctor gave me a injection to make me fall sleep. And the last thing I remember was that I was being taken from surgery room and my family sitting around me. looking all worried. Their face and the thing they said were the most memorable thing.
Everybody has their own memorable days likewise I have mine too. They are all those thing that I describe above. Events happens in every people life. It depends on us how we make them memorable. Memorable day can be happy one or sad one. Memorable days are those which we remember most clearly than other events which happens every minute in our life. So, because of these events I can remember how I came here so far. Under what I been through.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment