TENZIN CHOEDON
ESSAY#2, DRAFT#2
JAN 24, 2009
MY TOP FIVE
The word “music,” when we hear it, gives a thrill and tingling sensation throughout our body. It gives us a feeling of being under a spell. Music is like a magic. It draws people attention towards it all the time. Music has bestowed our world with its colorful tune and wonderful songs no matter what, good days or bad days, happy or sad days. It has been with us for an ages like our true friend to share our ups and downs life. Music has been passed to us by our ancestors, from generation to generation. Music is such a wonder, trying to make this world beautiful, better place and worth living. It is hard to describe it in one simple word. There are various kind of music like romantic, soft, hard, hip hop, and many more but I like romantic, soft and touching song, and patriotic songs. Different people like different songs. As for me, my top five are tu mile dil khile , tsewei ama, ye mere wantan ke logo, ngatso phayul, and yaaro dosti.
The song “tu mile dil khile” means “my heart blossoms whenever I am with you”. This song is from a Hindi movie (criminal )played by Monesha Koirala and Vankatash (south Indian actor). It was released in the ninety`s. It`s a romantic song. This song has such a wonderful words and was sung a by great singer, Gopi Krishna Muti. This melodic song gives me a serene feeling and simultaneously make me want to be in love even though I` m not . The importance of this song to me is that it taught me great deal about a love when I was young, like how people behave when they are in love, how they sacrifice for each other and how life seems beautiful when you are in love. Love is such a wonderful thing that happens in human life. You feel like you are in seventh heaven. Love is needed in every one`s life and without “It” it is hard to survive in this world. When there is love, you can feel excitement, happiness in the air. You feel safe and secure when you know there is someone who loves you truly. There always been a love or romantic song to encourage people to be in love or make them want to taste a bit of love live. Romantic songs take you to the fantasy world of happily ever after or happy ending. It has such a power to draw our attention to them. Songs make it much more easier to understand true meaning of love. Here, I am taking about love between couples but there is also a kind of which you feel for your mother.
I love my mother a lot like everyone does. So, I get carried away so fast if there is a good song on mother. Songs about mothers are always soft and touching. My favorite song is “Tsewei Ama,” which means “my beloved mom” in Tibetan. The singers name is Tenzin Namgyal. It was released in between 1997 to 1999. This song is so beautifully created that it moves one`s heart and makes them feel grateful of their mother more than ever they do. This song means a lot to me personally because I live in a boarding school. I can rearly see my mother, only see her once a year. My mom sent me to the boarding school to get better academic knowledge but I took that in a different way. And I hate boarding school so much that in a fit of anger I told my mother how I hate her for sending me to the that school. I was like 10 or 11 years old. I didn`t know the propose of sending me to the hostel. So then this song got release I tells about how great mothers are, how they sacrifice their sleep to get us to sleep, how much trouble they take undergo to bring a mere smile on our face. Mother is such the holiest and sweetest word in the whole world. Mothers sacrifices their youth in bringing us up and trying to give us everything that we want, even if she can only afford an old pair of cloth only. This song also tells us that without mothers, we are nothing. They are the one who will be there for us in each and every steps of our life to support us, encourage us and to show us the right path of a life. They are the first teacher of our lives. From them, we learn lessons of life(to be kind , honest, benevolent etc). I think, making songs on mother is a good thing it shows how important mothers are.
Beside, romantic and soft and touchy songs I also love patriotic songs. The song “Ye Mere Watan Ke Logo” which means “my fellow citizen”. This song was sung by the greatest Indian singer, Lata Magheshker. The song was written after the Karkil War (between Pakistan and India).During that war so many brave soldiers were killed. That war was a massacre of lives . So, this song was written to pay tribute to the freedom fighters. This song tells us how those brave had laid down their lives to give us a better and safe nation to enjoy. How many families had lost their relatives(son, brother, husband, father and brother in law). This song grieves for all those lost souls and also thank those brave soldiers for giving us victory at that war. This song is a one of the masterpiece song of Lata Magheshker. The significance of this song in my life is that it inspire me never to give up. I am Tibetan. And Tibetans are refugees. Listening to this song awaken a sense of patriotism in me all the time. I feel like we (Tibetan ) also can get freedom one day soon if we keep on fighting like my fellow Indian brothers did. Getting a country back is a very important for refugee.
Music is a mingle of so many types of songs. World without music is impossible to imagine. Music make us feel relax ,calm and stress free mind. Music gives us a way to express our self our mood (happy , sad, bad, good, excitement). Music has brought a rainbow color down on earth to feel and sense. Songs are like by everyone (young , old, small, big, men or women). Thank those who had brought light into our live with music.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment